Since it is deer season now, we thought we would blog this week about gun safety. Gun safety is very important because without it, a lot of really bad things could happen. Our mom and dad taught us gun safety before anything else.
Gun Safety Rules
There are a few simples rules that everyone should follow:
- Always treat every gun like it is loaded.
- Never point a gun at anything you don’t want to shoot.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire.
- Be sure of your target before you shoot.
- Never travel or climb with a loaded weapon.
If you follow these basic rules of gun safety, you will be much safer. It is also a very good idea to hunt with a partner.
A Few Tips for Good Technique
After you learn good gun safety, then you will want to work on shooting technique. There are a few things that you can do to make sure you are shooting properly.
- Choose a gun that you can handle and that you are comfortable with.
- Choose a comfortable shooting position.
- Control your breathing.
- Maintain a slow and steady trigger squeeze.
Let us know if you like what we are doing. We would love to hear from y’all!